Mike Erlin, co-founder and CEO of AbilityMap and member of the 3Sixty Insights Global Executive Advisory Board, has the esteemed distinction of being the first-ever repeat guest on #HRTechChat. In the previous episode with Mike, we dove into the deep end of psychometrics, which have advanced considerably since the old days of Myers-Briggs (considered for many years now a largely ineffective instrument).
In this, the latest episode, we went down the rabbit hole to ponder the future impact of artificial intelligence in hiring and human capital management generally. It’s of paramount importance and urgent, we agreed, that humans develop and apply the soundest psychometrics possible to the evaluation and hiring of people, lest AI eventually apply its own and, possibly, prioritize profits and cost containment in ways our imagination can barely fathom. AI-driven criteria for hiring certainly wouldn’t necessarily be ethical or value the human purpose in work, but a human-driven psychometrics model just might. And, in veering into these topics, Mike and I talked about whether civilization just might be putting too much faith, proverbially and literally, in AI.
Watch the video to catch our full conversation — and thank you, Mike, for your wise contributions to these conversations.
Our #HRTechChat Series is also available as a podcast on the following platforms:
- Apple iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3sixty-insights/id1555291436?itsct=podcast_box&itscg=30200
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/0eZJI1FqM3joDA8uLc05zz
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/3sixty-insights
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-965220588
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6aDtrRPYoCIrnkeOYZRpAQ/featured
- iHeartRadio: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-3sixty-insights-78293678/
- Google: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5zb3VuZGNsb3VkLmNvbS91c2Vycy9zb3VuZGNsb3VkOnVzZXJzOjkyNDY0ODI1OS9zb3VuZHMucnNz
- PlayerFM: https://player.fm/series/3sixty-insights
See a service missing that you use? Let our team know by emailing research@3SixtyInsights.com.